The primary focus is biographical articles on ladies researchers when you look at the STEM industry. Nonetheless, the main topics your competition could be interpreted more broadly and additionally best website for russian brides welcome writings about women that aren’t researchers but they are active in the technical and normal sciences (as an example, business owners in this industry); overview topics (such as for example listings or articles about feamales in STEM as a notion).
If you’re not sure whether your article is qualified to receive the competition, consult the organizing committee at stemwikimedia.org.ua or compose to your Wikimedia Ukraine venture Manager conversation web web page.
- Ukrainian women in STEM
- Girls in STEM (articles about prominent schoolgirls and students that are female have actually achievements in STEM)
- Science promoters (articles about ladies who are recognized for advertising technology in STEM fields).
Champions of unique nominations will receive person prizes.
GOAL OF THE COMPETITION
Your competition is targeted at making ladies’ achievements in technology more visible. Both in Ukraine and throughout the world, the sciences, technologies and engineering will always be male-dominated industries 1. So that you can deal with this instability which help females build professions in STEM, you should disseminate home elevators ladies’ achievements into the sciences. Wikipedia, among the many information that is popular in the planet, is a vital platform with this.
Assist lessen the general sex imbalance on Wikipedia, since articles about guys are about four times more many compared to those featuring ladies. The number of biographical articles about women is less than 15% of the total number of biographical articles k 3 for example, in the Ukrainian version of Wikipedia. We should alter that.
HOW EXACTLY TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sign up for Wikipedia (obtain your nickname) or check in to your account.
2. Create or supplement articles on Wikipedia through the competition (you may use the recommended topics or choose your personal in the basic theme associated with competition).
3. Improve the content to fulfill at minimum the fundamental quality requirements:
- Articles must certanly be initiated or enhanced by Wikipedia participants throughout the competition duration;
- The written text of articles may well not include device interpretation without previous proofreading;
- Articles or improvements must certanly be at the very least 3500 bytes in proportions (an average of 200-300 terms; the dimensions in bytes could be examined by pressing the View History tab towards the top of this article);
- Wikipedia can be an encyclopedia! Consequently, all articles must certanly be encyclopedic design;
- Wikipedia has relevance criteria (in specific, particular requirements for the prominence of researchers). The essential concept is in independent reputable sources that you can create a separate Wikipedia article about a person only if there are several publications about them;
- Wikipedia will not tolerate plagiarism! Consequently, articles should include text produced by the contestant and may not infringe copyright;
- Wikipedia will not enable original research! Consequently, articles must certanly be predicated on information formerly posted in reputable sources (newspapers/magazines/books, etc. ) and really should add links to these sources.
To learn more about how exactly to produce a Wikipedia article and guidelines, make use of the assistance web web page.
4. Post the line that is following the conversation web web page regarding the article:
(if you post a template into the article developed by another individual, modification for the nickname associated with article writer)
Articles without this template might never be contained in the competition submissions.
4.1. If article participates in unique nominations, you will need to also wear the discussion web page the template (for unique nomination «Ukrainian ladies in STEM») and/or (for unique nomination «Girls in STEM») and/or (when it comes to unique nomination «Science promoter»).
5. The content can prior be improved to your competition duration closing. The better each article is with regards to completeness and quality at the time of the end of your competitors, the bigger odds of winning you’ve got.
6. Repeat steps 2 – 5 as frequently that you can.
The jury is made of experienced Wikipedians (Wikipedia contributors) with expertise in STEM or gender studies, in addition to invited experts.
Brunei is really a scientist that is ukrainian the industries of biology as well as the reputation for technology, composer of about 20 Wikipedia articles on researchers in Ukrainian.
Helixitta is really A ukrainian scientist in the industry of biology.
Krutyvuss – Associate PhD of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of Political Science, Law and Philosophy, specialist of this European Union Project “Equal Opportunities and Women’s Rights in Ukraine” (2008-2011), implementer for the EU Erasmus+ Project “Gender Studies Curriculum: one step for. Peace and democracy in EU-Neighboring Countries with Different Traditions” (2015-2019).
Tohaomg is really a Bachelor in Computer Science, a factor to science and engineering associated subjects.
Nataliya Martynenko is just a scheduled Program Assistant on Youth and correspondence in the United Nations Population Fund Representative workplace in Ukraine.
Tamara Martseniuk is just a sociologist, a professional in sex studies, a lecturer during the nationwide University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.